You have no items in your shopping cart.
Be Kind to Earth
At TehKu Tea Company, we strive to promote recycling and other ways to help with our environment. Small things will be big if everyone contributes and does their part. In our effort to promote "Be Kind to the Earth", TehKu Tea Company offers "TEA REFILL" program. When you purchase a can of tea from our company, we encourage you to reuse your container by purchasing the tea refill after you are done with your first tin (we recommend to use the same kind of tea in the container, so you don’t get confused). You receive $1.00 OFF every time you buy the "REFILL" instead of the new can.
At our store, we use as many recyclable products as possible. Our to-go lunch containers are made of recyclable papers and they are not as convenient to use as the foam containers, but we realize that our papers are recycled and bio-degradable versus the foam containers. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are sure that our customers would support with our efforts to support the environment.
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW
• Recycling aluminum uses 96% less energy than it takes to produce the same amount of aluminum from raw material
• 7500 trees are used for the Sunday edition of New York Times each week
• Recycling papers uses 60% less energy than manufacturing paper from virgin timber
• Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to light a 100 watt light bulb for four hours
WHAT YOU CAN DO AT HOME
• Use reusable containers to store food
• Install a water saving shower head
• Recycle everything you can: newspapers, cans, glass, aluminum, motor oil, scrap metal, ink cartridges, etc.
• Look for recycled and environmentally safe products and packaging whenever you shop
• Insulate your water heater free of charge by your utility company
• Try to use phosphate-free laundry detergent and soap
• Avoid the use of household pesticide
• Write to companies that send unwanted junk mail, have them take you off their mailing list
• Be considerate when using water, turn your water off while you are brushing your teeth and washing your hand
• Turn off lights in the house when you don’t really need them
• Increase your awareness of conservation issues, share them with your family and friends
WHAT YOU CAN DO AT WORK
• Use scrap paper for informational notes or messages
• Re-use copier or printer papers when possible
• Print things on recycled papers
• Re-use manila folders
• Post memos & communications or route a single copy instead of making multiple copies
• Start an office recycling program for paper, cardboard, aluminum, etc.
• Carpool when possible
• Be conscious of any paper usage (including bathroom paper towels etc.) & water usage
At TehKu Tea Company, we encourage you to be educated about the environment and healthier lifestyle, please visit these links to get some information about other things we care about (organic products and pesticides in produce) and would like to share with you:
If you would like to share other environmental support website or related sites, please submit the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support, we hope you enjoy our products and help support our “Be Kind to the Earth” program.
Jon-Michael & Inggrie Merriman
Owners, TehKu Tea Company